I no longer post to this blog but
you can check out the new BA Farm Blog at:
http://realveggiesfarm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's Available (Market date 6/13/09)

Valley City Farmers Market
Saturday June 13th, 2009
First market of the year!!!

I will be posting updates as we get closer to market day, so be sure to check back.

Our main thing that we will have available for sale for this week is our bagged salad mixes. Everyday when I walk through the gardens I notice that it seems as if the lettuce and greens are getting more and more beautiful by the day. I think one of the most beautiful things are the collards. They are getting so big and beautiful. I am dieing to pick them and make some collard rolls with them. I am hoping that I have some collards left after the market on Saturday to make some collard rolls with.


Vegetables:
  • Red Scallions
  • White Scallions
  • Bagged Salad Mixes: Just Lettuce Mix, Mild Spicy Mix, Super Spicy Mix, and A Little Bit of Everything Mix
  • Red Russian Kale
  • Collards
  • Bagged Spinach (possible, depending on how much we have to pick)
  • Bagged Arugula (also a possible, depending on how much we have come Saturday)
  • Garlic Scapes
  • Broccoli Raab
  • Mulberries

Plants:
I am not sure exactly what I will be bringing, but I do know that I have lots and lots of plants. Listed are some of the possibilities.
  • Large potted Dahlias (depends on which ones may be blooming by Saturday)
  • Geraniums (also depends on which ones may be blooming by Saturday)
  • Hanging baskets (with Sweat Peas and Carnations in them)
  • Tomato plants (many different kinds)
  • and others
Bakery:
I am not positive yet but I am thinking about making pizzelles (maybe mulberry, vanilla, and or almond). I am also thinking about some kind of bread (maybe mulberry).


We should have radishes available for next week also, if not this week. We have 4 different types of radishes growing right now. The beets are also getting closer to being ready. The head lettuce is growing bigger and bigger every day.


I have not posted any pictures in awhile, (been pretty busy) so hopefully I will get a chance soon to get out there and take some pictures, especially of what we will have available to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment