I no longer post to this blog but
you can check out the new BA Farm Blog at:
http://realveggiesfarm.blogspot.com

Monday, June 1, 2009

June- Product of the month- Greens and Lettuce Mixes


I figured what would be better to make as the topic of the month than Greens and Lettuce Mixes, since most of what we will have available for the month of June is going to be just that.

I just picked my first few bowls of greens and lettuce the other day, and had my first salad of the year. I must say everything was very delecious!

Here is what mixes I plan to have available for the first market at Valley City (which I must add, is coming very, very soon):



Just Lettuce Salad Mix


~The Just Lettuce Salad Mix will consist of lettuce only. Some of the types of lettuce will include Red Sails, Black Seeded Simpson, Red Oak Leaf, Salad Bowl, Prizeleaf, and others.




Mild Spicy Mix

~This mix includes about half lettuce and about half mild spicy greens. Such as Red Oakleaf Lettuce, Salad Bowl Lettuce, Mizuna, Mustard Spinach, and others.




Super Spicy Mix


~This mix contains mostly spicy greens and a little bit of lettuce. Such greens include Arugula, Mizuna, Mustard Osaka, Chicory Red Treviso, Salad bowl lettuce and some others.


A Little Bit of Everything Mix


~The name of this mix says it all, includes a little bit of everything. Such as all the different types of lettuces we grow, spinach, and some spicy greens such as Mizuna, Endive, some Arugula and others.


Plus I also plan to have availabe:


Bagged Spinach



Red Russian Kale


Collards


~I also plan to sell a stir fry mix with greens such as Kale, Collards and Swiss Chard. You can also add this mix to your favorite salad mix.


I may also have some other Mixes available. I will know for sure when it is closer to the first maket. I will be posting (when it is closer to the first market) what we will have available at Valley City on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment