I no longer post to this blog but
you can check out the new BA Farm Blog at:
http://realveggiesfarm.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Hoop House is Complete! Well, Almost.


Yesterday we finally got the hoop house covered and ready to go. Except for one small thing, it does not have a door yet. Which means for the moment we are unable to actually go in the hoop house. But do not worry it will have one soon.We just need to finish attaching the plastic around where the door will be, cut the hole for the door, make the door and attach it. Then the planting inside can begin. Almost there, but I must say myself, that it looks pretty good.

We got lucky and yesterday was the perfect day to cover a hoop house. There was some wind when we first started but not very much. Then magically when it was time to cover the main large part the wind stopped completely. I could not believe it. I figured that we would get stuck covering this thing when it was windy. And since this is our first hoop house it is hard enough to figure out how to cover it when there is no wind. So I am so glad that it was not real windy. My parents came over to help us cover it, which helped a lot. We didn't really run in to any trouble, and luckily finished just in time before dark.


Since this is the first hoop house we have built I am not sure how well it will hold up, but when we know for sure if it can endure the torture of nature, I will have to make a post of how exactly we built it. Lets hope it holds up, it seems pretty steady and strong, but we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment